Buyer's guide to protein drinks
Main benefits of the intake of proteins
- · Avoids muscle catabolism.
- · Increases muscle mass.
- · Improves sports performance.
How much protein is recommendable?
Protein is totally safe for most healthy and adult people, providing they follow all the indications of each product with regard to amounts and consumption. Generally, 55 grams of daily protein is an advisable amount, but the consumption of proteins is more important during physical exercise and, depending on the activity carried out and the goals, the amount to consume varies:
· Sportspersons who wish to lose fat and keep muscle: daily consumption of between 1.5 and 2.2 g/kg of body weight.
· Active persons who wish to slim without losing muscle mass: daily consumption of between 1 and 1.5 g/kg of body weight.
· Sedentary persons who do not wish to change their body: a daily intake of 0.8 g/kg of body weight.